Chicken is the favorite dish of almost every meat eater. Light on stomach and devoid of unhealthy fats, chicken has a very adaptive taste that blends well with all kinds of spices.
Chicken can be called healthy or unhealthy depending on the way it is prepare as deep-fried chicken has no health benefits but roasted chicken has various health benefits. It is one of the biggest sources of protein as 100 grams of chicken has 18 grams of protein.
Chicken can be prepared in a vast range of ways, including baking, grilling, barbecuing, frying, and boiling, among many others, depending on its purpose. Since the latter half of the 20th century, prepared chicken has become a staple of fast food. Chicken is sometimes cited as being more healthful than red meat, with lower concentrations of cholesterol and saturated fat.
This chicken recipe is almost a new and innovative one for chicken lovers. This recipe has a lots of flavours like it has some tanginess of tomatoes and curd, lots of spices and mainly the freshness of kadhai masala. Specially on any ocassions this could be a perfect one for your guests to serve as a main dish in lunch as well as dinner.
Kadhai chicken recipe:
Course: Main course
Meal time: Lunch/Dinner
Cuisine: Indian food
Prep. Time: 10-15 min.
Cook time: 30-40 min.
Total time: 40-50 min.
- Chicken (500 gm)
- Curd (2-3 cup)
- Oil (4-5 tbsp)
- Salt (as per taste)
- Tomatoes (3 medium sized)
- Onions (3 medium sized)
- Capsicum (2 medium sized)
- Ginger-garlic paste (2-3 tbsp)
- Bay leaf (2-3)
- Dry red chillies (3-4)
- Pepper seeds (1/2 tbsp)
- Coriander seeds (1 tbsp)
- Cumin seeds (1 tbsp)
- Fennel seeds (1/2 tbsp)
- Turmeric powder (1/2tbsp)
- Red Chilli powder (Kashmiri mirch- 2-3 tbsp)
- Coriander powder (1 tbsp)
- Garam masala (1/2 tbsp)
Step by step method:
- Kadhai masala:Take a pan and dry roast corriander, cumin, pepper and fennel seeds and grind them unevenly. Keep the masala aside.
- Making the chicken curry: Cut the onions and capsicum into bulb shaped and fry them for 10-15 seconds. Keep that aside for a while.
- Marinate the chicken pieces by adding the masala powders, ginger-garlic paste, salt and turmeric. Rest it for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the curd by blending with some salt and redchilli powder to make a fine slurry.
- Now turn on the flame, take a kadhai or a pan put some amount of oil in it.
- Let it be a little smoky hot and add some chopped onions and saute it for a minute or so.
- Now add the marinated chicken, bay leafs, dry red chillies and half of your kadhai masala. Saute it for a while let the chicken to release some amount of water.
- Now add your chopped tomatoes and mix it well with your chicken. Don’t add any amount of water, if required lower your flame.
- On medium low flame cook the chicken for at least 20-30 minutes by using a lid for better result.
- Pour the blended curd and add the rest of the kadhai masala, mixed it well and cook it for minimum 3-4 minutes.
- Now add the bulb shaped capsicum and onions, mix it well and add some garam masala into it. You can also add some crushed kasuri methi for extra added flavor.
- After 2-3 minutes check the consistency of the gravy if required add some hot water into it, let it comes a boil into it then turn off the gas.
That’s it your desi chicken kadhai masala is ready to eat, have it with your friends and family for any special ocassion.