Becky Lynch made history last on SmackDown by becoming the first overall draft pick for a season. She joined the likes of John Cena, The Rock, and Seth Rollins. Also, she is the only woman in the history of WWE to open a draft night. Four such rounds followed on SmackDown where FOX and USA Network officials chose superstars for their respective brands. Here’s the complete list,
Raw: Becky Lynch
SmackDown: Roman Reigns
Raw: The O.C.
SmackDown: “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt
Raw: Drew McIntyre
Raw: Randy Orton
SmackDown: Sasha Banks
SmackDown: Braun Strowman
Raw: Bobby Lashley
Raw: Alexa Bliss
SmackDown: Lacey Evans
Raw: Kevin Owens
SmackDown: The Revival
Raw: The Viking Raiders
SmackDown: Lucha House Party
Raw: Nikki Cross
SmackDown: Heavy Machinery
Raw: The Street Profits
She's #TheMan, and she's the No. 1⃣ #WWEDraftPick.
The #RAW#WomensChampion@BeckyLynchWWE is headed to the brand! pic.twitter.com/eihzvXIpDx
— WWE (@WWE) October 12, 2019
WWE Draft always seems interesting for the fans as this brings freshness around it. Superstars from Raw and SmackDown become available to change their home brands creating a huge alteration on the main roster. As for the 2019 edition, stakes were much higher considering SmackDown moving to FOX, last week. The host network officials wanted the whole process to be similar to that of a Football Draft. This would be a way to keep the sports feel intact on the show.
This is why WWE already published two pools from Raw and SmackDown rosters whose fate will be hanging on the balance. Also, they revealed the rules for the entire process as stated below,
• Over 70 Superstars, as well as tag teams, are eligible for selection in this year’s WWE Draft
• SmackDown will draft 30 Superstars, and Raw will select another 41 Superstars
• Since SmackDown is a two-hour show and Raw is a three-hour show, for every two picks SmackDown makes, Raw will receive three
• Tag teams will count as one pick unless FOX or USA Network specifically wants to pick only one Superstar from the team
• Any undrafted Superstars will immediately be declared free agents and able to sign with the brand of their choosing
By the end of the night, 20 superstars were able to know which brands they belong to. 50 superstars are still on the waiting list as we head into next Monday Night’s Raw where the second night of WWE Draft will emanate declaring the full list of draftees. From that point, Raw and SmackDown are likely to become two distinct rosters like earlier.