Since the festive season is around the corner, it is finally time to shed the extra fat and embark on a journey towards fitness. We all try different diets and exercises for weight loss but it is not necessary that they should all work out for everyone in the same way. Including fibre in your daily diet goes a long way in losing weight.
Benefits of Tomatoes:
Tomatoes contain very less amount of calories. If you consume even two tomatoes on a daily basis, you will be taking less than five calories. The fewer calories you consume, the more you are bound to lose. This makes tomatoes a great snack as well.
High in fibre
Tomatoes are high in fibre and fibre plays a crucial role in losing weight. The fibre present in tomatoes prevents the absorption of fat molecules in your body. A fibre diet also helps in better digestion of food in the stomach.
Rich in antioxidants
Tomatoes are rich in an antioxidant known as lycopene. Having tomatoes on a daily basis reduces oxidative stress in the body. This, in turn, reduces fat accumulation and weight gain. Thus, tomato makes a great addition in your diet if you are trying to lose weight.
Increases good cholesterol
Consuming tomatoes on a daily basis helps to reduce the levels of bad cholesterol in the body. It also helps in increasing the levels of good cholesterol in the body as well. This can prove to be beneficial in your weight loss journey. Good cholesterol also helps to prevent the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
How to consume?
- You can make tangy and tasty tomato juice or smoothie. Be innovative and add other fruits or veggies to make it more appetizing and filling.
- To add extra texture and flavour, add tomatoes to your salad.
- Cook your stew and curry with a plentiful amount of freshly made tomato squash.
- Have grilled fish or chicken with grilled tomato and green beans.
- You can add tomato, carrot, beans and peas to your quinoa.
- Have a tomato with a sprint of lime juice as a snack.
- Tomato soup for lunch or dinner.