Oil : 2 Teaspoon
Cumin Seeds : 1 Teaspoon
Coriander Seeds : 1 Tablespoon
Dried Red Chilies : 3 – 4 nos.
Onion : 2 medium sized(chopped)
Grated Coconut : 1/4 Cup
Other Ingredients -
Eggs : 5 – 6 nos.
Tamarind : about size of a lemon ball.
Oil : 1 Teaspoon
Mustard Seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Fenugreek Seeds : 1/4 Teaspoon
Curry Leaves : 1 Sprig
Turmeric powder : 1/4 Teaspoon
Salt : to taste
Cilantro : handful
Follow Below Instructions Carefully.
- Soak Tamarind in luke warm water. Then extract the juice and discard the pulp.
- Boil eggs, then peel the shells and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, red chilies and fry for a minute. Then add onions and fry till they turn slightly golden. Add grated coconut, mix well and turn off the heat.
- Let this coconut mixture cool. Transfer this mixture into a mixer, add little water and grind it finely.
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, curry leaves and fry for a minute.
- Then add the ground coconut paste, turmeric powder, extracted tamarind juice along with required water (as per the consistency required) and salt.
- Mix well and cook in medium high heat till it comes to boil.
- Now add the boiled eggs, reduce the heat and let it simmer (in low heat) for 5 – 6 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve it.
Our South Indian style tangy curry with boiled egg is now ready to Serve! if you like this recipe please like, share, comment this and share your family and friend and follow me for upcoming new recipe.