● All phenomena that connected with the movement of heated materials from the interior or towards the surface of the Earth belong to volcanism.
● A vent or opening, through which heated materials such as gases, water, liquid lava, fragments of rocks are ejected from the highly heated interior to the surface of the Earth is a volcano.
● All volcanoes are classified into three groups such as
1. Active Volcano – the volcano which errupt periodically is known as Active volcano. Examples are Etna, Stromboli and Mayon.
2. Dormant Volcano – The volcano which become quiet after their eruption for some time, id called so. Fujiyama, Krakatoa and Barren Island are some examples.
3. Extinct volcano – These volcanoes have no identification of future eruption.
Please like , comment and follow this channel.