The perfect way to use leftover corned beef for a quick simple meal. I like to begin or finish the meal with a chopped green salad.
|¼ cup||Gherkin relish|
|3 Tbsp||Tomato sauce|
|1 Tbsp||Lemon juice|
|1 Tbsp||Horseradish, prepared|
|1 tsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|½ tsp||Garlic powder, or onion powder|
|1 pinch||Sea salt|
|8 slices||Corned beef|
|8 slices||Gruyere cheese|
|2||Lebanese cucumber, sliced lengthwise|
|4 tsp||Gherkin relish|
- Heat the grill to hot.
- Make the dressing, place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the split buns, cut-side-up on a large shallow baking tray. Spread the base buns with the sauerkraut. Place on the corned beef then top with the cheese.
- Place under the hot grill until the cheese melts and the bun tops are toasted. Keep an eye on them.
- Remove from the grill and top each with cucumber slices and relish.
- Drizzle over a little dressing. Spread a little more dressing on the top bun before placing on its base. Serve straightaway.
See more of Kathy's dinner recipes
- Panko and parmesan crumbed chicken
- Thai-style chicken skewers with sesame rice