UC News

Pearl Harbor shooting: Naval base on lockdown after multiple victims injured

PEARL HARBOR naval base is reportedly on lockdown as three people were shot by a gunman, according to local reports

Pearl Harbor naval base has been put on lockdown after reports emerged of a gunman at large on the premises. Three people have since been confirmed as having been shot by the gunman.

Two of the three victims are said to be in critical condition, while a third is stable.

Reports of the shooting came in around 2:30pm local time.

The New York Times reported that a woman who answered a phone at the base confirmed the compound was on lockdown.

According to Hawaii News Now, the situation is still unfolding.

Three people have been shot, two are in critical condition with one currently stable (Image: GETTY)

Although, multiple reports suggest the shooter has been contained.

This, however, has not yet been confirmed by US authorities.

The Mirror Online reported that one witness at the scene said: “I kind of recognise that as gunshots and I looked out the window and saw three people on the ground."

The Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam confirmed there had been a shooting at the shipyard.

JUST IN: Ursids meteor shower 2019: When is the Ursids meteor shower?

Peal Harbor is located on one of Hawaii's several islands (Image: Google Maps)

It did not confirm any further details.

The shooting comes three days before the 78th anniversary of Japan’s attack on the base.

The attack saw more than 2,300 Americans killed and its Pacific Naval Fleet destroyed, on December 7, 1941.

DON'T MISS

London Bridge HEROES: Public and police praised after horror attack [UPDATE]Ellesmere Port shooting: Armed police rush to town centre –shots fired LATEST]New Orleans French Quarter shooting: At least 11 people shot [ANALYSIS]


More to follow...

READ SOURCE
Open UCNews to Read More Articles