Actor Mukesh Khanna found a spot among top online trends on Tuesday after Amitabh Bachchan revealed the Question 11 for the registrations of the upcoming season of Kaun Banega Crorepati. Well, the question revolved around Khanna, who has been in the headlines in the last couple of weeks owing to the rerun of Mahabharat on Doordarshan, wherein he played one of the pivotal roles.
The question was:
What role did Mukesh Khanna play in BR Chopra's TV series Mahabharat?
A. Arjuna B. Lord Krishna C. Bhishma D. Bhima
The answer is C. Bhishma but a whole lot of netizens, who possibly did not know the answer to the question must have started looking for it on the internet and that’s how Khanna would have started trending. With hope that our readers would probably want to know more about the actor, we are sharing some lesser-known facts about him. Here you go...
- Before becoming an actor, Mukesh Khanna studied at the prestigious Film and Television Institute of India (FTII). He was in the same batch as that of Naseeruddin Shah and Shakti Kapoor.
- Playing Bhishma Pitamah in Mahabharat was the turning point in Khanna’s career. The role gave him immense fame and recognition. Later, he even opened a film production house by the name Bheeshm International. He currently runs a YouTube channel by the same name.
- Khanna became very popular among children for his portrayal of Shaktimaan in the superhero series by the same name.
- Khanna was extremely critical of Ekta Kapoor’s Kahaani Hamaaray Mahaabhaarat Ki. He had gone on to say that while BR Chopra’s Mahabharat featured actors, Ekta’s show had models. He had even refused to be a part of the show.
- Khanna operates acting schools in Jaipur, Agra and some parts of Bihar.