What’s more satisfying and comforting than a hot bowl of soup? This is an easy recipe and simply delicious. Tomato Soup is always good as a starter or light meal with salad and crusty bread.
Let's start to learn how to make restaurant style tomato soup so that you don't need to visit restaurants all the time for your craving. So, without wasting much time let's check out the ingredients
- 6 medium tomatoes, cut in small pieces to make about 4 cups of chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut in small pieces to make about 1/3 cup of chopped carrots
- 1 celery stick, cut into small pieces to make about 1/3 cup of chopped celery
- 1/2” ginger peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoons of oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, adjust to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed (jeera)
- Pinch of asafetida
- 1 tablespoon cilantro finely chopped (hara dhania)
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Lightly brown the ginger. Add carrots and celery. Stir fry two minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, sugar, and pepper. Cook until tomatoes are mushy.
- Let the tomatoes cool, then pure in blender.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the cumin seed and asafetida. As the cumin seeds crack, add cilantro and stir for a minute.
- Add the tomato pure and approx. 1¼ cup of water (adjust the water to your taste).
- When the soup boils, turn the heat to low and let it simmer three to four minutes.