1. Iraq's women are twice as illiterate as men in the country.
2. Almost half of all married couples in Iraq are first or second cousins.
3. Beginning its participation in the Olympic Games in 1948, Iraq has won only bronze medals (since 1960 games) to date.
4. Iraq gained independence from Britain on 3 October 1932.
5. Iraq banned karate films in 1979.
6. In Iraq, left-handed eating is considered offensive.
7. Production and trade of honey is a major industry in Iraq.
8. Baghdad is the capital of Iraq and the largest city.
9. Iraq's oil reserves is the fifth largest in the world.