Method 1 of 3:Changing Main Dishes
- Combine two halves of a donut with a chocolate cookie for a fake burger. Cut a donut with no hole in the center in half horizontally, and place a dark chocolate cookie in the center. Make sure the cookie looks completely browned.
- Use a raspberry jelly filled donut to create fake "ketchup" oozing from the sides, which can make the burger look more convincing. Slices of real lettuce, cheese, and tomato can bring the prank together visually, but it certainly won't taste good.
- Tie O-shaped cereal together with a thin string for a breakfast prank. Using a very long and thin string, thread each and every cereal piece in the box together to create a chain of cereal. When your victim goes to pour out a bowl of cereal in the morning, they'll realize that the cereal is all connected and impossible to eat!
- Use at least 2 feet (0.61 m) of string to create a long chain of cereal. When the joke is over, you can just cut the string and let the cereal fall off of the chain back into the box.
- Make a fake fried egg with yogurt and apricot. Arrange a spoonful of natural yogurt in a neat oval on a plate. Cut an apricot in half and place it inside-down on top of the yogurt, to create a "yolk" for the "egg whites." Not only does it look like a fried egg, but it actually tastes pretty good for a breakfast prank!
- Make a slice of buttered toast and some rashers of bacon to serve with the fake fried egg to sell the act.
Method 2 of 3:Preparing Snacks and Desserts
- Fake-out your victim with apples that look like french fries. Peel two apples and cut them with a crinkle cutter for a crinkled look or with a regular knife for straight "fries." Sprinkle plenty of cinnamon and sugar onto them, then bake the apples on a baking sheet at 400 °F (204 °C) for 8 to 12 minutes. They may smell sweet, but your guests won't know something is up until they take a bite.
- You can drizzle strawberry preserves on the fries or leave a big glob on the plate to look like ketchup.
- Remove the icing from Oreos and replace it with toothpaste. Carefully separate Oreo cookies in half and scrape away the insides with a butterknife. Then, using a clear white toothpaste, squirt the new filling inside and put the top and bottom back together. If your victim asks you why they smell minty, just say they are a special line of Oreo!
- Be sure to use fluoride-free toothpaste, as fluoride can be dangerous to kids in large amounts if ingested. It's totally fine for your teeth, but not for your stomach.
- Fill a jelly or cream donut with mayonnaise. Take a jelly or cream donut and try as best as you can to remove the filling with a syringe. Then, replace the filling with mayonnaise with a different syringe. Serve them to your victim for breakfast for an early-morning prank that they'll taste for days!
- If you can't remove the jelly or cream from your donut, don't worry about it. Just inject mayonnaise into the donut on one side and watch your victim eat the gross blend of flavors.
Method 3 of 3:Making April Fool's Drinks
- Prepare jello and serve it as a drink. Prepare the jello according to the directions on the packet, but separate the mix into a few drinking glasses before allowing it to cool in the fridge. Put a straw in each glass and allow the jello to solidify for a few minutes. Your guests will have a very hard time drinking any of the "juice" you offer them!
- Use orange jello to make your drink look like orange juice, red jello to make it look like fruit punch, or lemon jello to make the drink look like lemonade.
- Dye the milk a sickly color, or replace it with something else entirely! If your milk comes in cartons, turn it a different color with a few drops of food colouring, or substitute something entirely different, like orange juice. No one will notice anything is wrong until they go to pour out a nice, refreshing glass of "milk."Image:Make April Fool's Food Step 8 Version 2.jpg
- Use a combination of blue and green to make the milk look moldy, or a combination of yellow and green to make it look curdled.
- Try the classic mentos in soda prank. Tie a string around a Mentos mint and hang it just inside the mouth of a 2 litres (68 fl oz) soda. Screw the lid back on while holding the string. When the lid is tight again, cut off the leftover string so the prank is unnoticeable. Ask your chosen victim to get you a glass of soda — when they open the bottle, the Mentos mint will drop in, and the soda will explode out all over the place.
- Be careful where you pull this prank, as it can get very messy very quickly. The mentos in soda trick is best to do outside or in a place where the soda can be easily mopped up.