There are many variations on the Manhattan cocktail. Below you will find ingredients and directions for a Classic Manhattan, one of the most popular cocktail drinks around.
Classic Manhattan Ingredients:
- 2 1/4 oz rye or bourbon
- 1 1/4 oz sweet vermouth
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 maraschino cherry
Cocktail Recipe Directions:
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice and let sit for 1-5 minutes to chill the shaker.
- Fill your martini glass with ice to chill the glass. (important)
- Empty 1/2 of the ice out of the cocktail shaker and strain out any water.
- Pour all ingredients into the shaker (minus the garnish).
- Shake very well. (you want the mixture to be thoroughly mixed and chilled)
- Empty the ice out of the martini glass.
- Strain the cocktail mixture into martini glass.
- Place maraschino cherry garnish inside martini glass.
- Serve immediately.
- Cocktail Shaker
- Martini Glass