1. Chicken - 600 grams (boneless and small pieces)
2. Curd - 4 tbsp
3. Ghee - 5 tbsp
4. Ginger-Garlic Paste - 2 tbsp
5. Turmeric Powder - a pinch
6. Jaggery/Sugar - 1 tbsp
7. Onion - 1 (sliced)
8. Salt as per taste
9. Curry Leaves - 5
10. Red Chillies - 10
11. Cumin Seeds - ½ tsp
12. Methi Seeds - ¼th tsp
13. Coriander Seeds - 1 tbsp
14. Desiccated Coconut - 2 tbsp (roasted)
15. Fennel Seeds - ½ tsp 16. Cloves - 2
17. Cinnamon Stick - 2
18. Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
19. Tamarind paste - ½ tsp
1. Roast all spices on low flame and keep it aside. Roast red chillies separately and keep it aside as well.
2. Now, grind all these spices together. Don't make it into a powdered form. Keep it coarse.
3. Then, take a bowl and add chicken in it. Add the ground spices and curd into it and leave it for marination. Also, add
turmeric powder during the marination.
4. Take a pan and heat ghee. Then, add curry leaves and chopped onions into it. Fry until the onions turn golden brown in colour.
5. Add the marinated chicken and mix everything well. You can add water (1/4th cup) if the chicken gets too dry. Remember, you have to be cautious while using water, as you don't want it to be like a gravy.
6. Now, add coconut, tamarind paste, jaggery and ghee and stir well. You can also add lemon juice to give a twist to the taste.
7. Let it cook for 10 minutes and then turn off the stove.
8. Your chilli chicken ghee roast recipe is ready to be served. Try this awesome finger-licking recipe during the festival time for sure.