Ukranians are known for their expression of their national identity and the nation is witnessing a surge in reviving what is believed to represent their ancient culture,
Headdress is a part of the ancient fashion and the modern youth is taking pride in displaying their local pieces to the global fashion world.
The Slavic workshop Treti Pivni (translated as Third Rooster) has done a remarkable photo series with women and children in traditional Ukrainian headdresses
Just admire these photographs, from them spreads the spirit of antiquity, traditions and Ukrainian flavor!
1) The wreath is considered a talisman. It is also a symbol of the feminine beauty, virginity and prosperity.
2) The wreath is a symbol of life, destiny, vitality, perfection and the victory of life over death.
3) Ukrainians believed that the wreath-charm protects the girl from the unkind eye, from evil forces.
4) Sometimes garlic, leaves and wormwood were woven into the wreath - this potion scares away any devilry.
5) Wedding headdress - a special amulet. It is associated with the sun, the shining sky.
6) Wedding headdresses are woven by friends at the bachelorette party. According to beliefs, they were helped by the angels.
7) There could be up to 12 different colors in the wreath, each of them symbolizing something.
8) Daffodils was considered a symbol of fertility, beauty and youth; daisy - a symbol of love, tenderness and loyalty; sunflower - loyalty and happiness; ...
9) ... rose, mallow and peony are symbols of faith, hope, love; Oregano - a symbol of maternal love; ...
10) viburnum flowers - beauty and maiden tenderness; hops - flexibility and pure mind; field bell - thanks.
11. The wreath and its elements are preserved in the modern wedding ceremony
Image Credit : instagram.com/third_roosters
Loved them? Which is the most cute one? Write in the comment box.