The doors and windows are essential furnishing articles of the house. These are used for insulation purposes. They provide comfort in working at the house. The following are important points that one should consider before designing the doors and windows.
* Maximum number of doors and windows should open in the North and East as compared to the South and West.
* The doors and windows should be in even numbers like 2, 4, 6, 8 etc. but not 10 and multiple of 8.
* The main door of house should be taller than other doors. It should be of two shutters.
* There should not be any obstruction in front of main door like big trees; pole etc. There should not be any temple opposite to the house too.
* The doors should not be placed in center of the wall. It should be far from the centre. It should not be in extreme corner.