Here are some interesting facts about India. You're going to be shocked like me, for sure.
1. 70% of all the world's spices come from India.
2. 100 million people come to India's Kumbh Mela Festival, the world's biggest gathering of humans.
3. It's illegal for foreigners to take Indian currency (rupees) out of India.
4. An Indian man claims he hasn't eaten or drunk for 70 years. After many tests, doctors still don't know how it's possible.
5. The world's biggest family lives together in India, a man with 39 wives and 94 children.
6. India has the largest slave population in the modern world with over 14 million slaves according to the walk free foundation’s 2014 global slavery Index. Here modern slavery defined as any practice that traps people in modern servitude, including human trafficking and forced labor. (Edited: 6/10/19)
7. There is a gypsy tribe in India that celebrates death as one of the happiest events in their lives while treating births with great grief.
8. Nearly 49% of the high-tech start-ups in Silicon Valley and Washington, D.C. are owned by Indians or Indian-Americans.
10. Indian housewives hold 11% of the World's Gold. That is more than the reserves of the U.S., IMF, Switzerland, and Germany put together.
11. In 2009, a doctor in India removed 172,155 stones from a patient's left kidney during a three-hour surgery.
12. India has the second largest community of software developers, after the U.S.
13. Only about 1 in 100 marriages in India end in divorce, one of the lowest rates in the world.
14. During WW2, India produced the largest volunteer Army in world history: over 2.5 million men. At least 38 Indians received the Victoria Cross or the George Cross.
15. Two million people of Indian origin live in the U.S.
16. India is the world’s largest tea producer.
17. The value of “pi” used in mathematics was first calculated by the Indian Mathematician Budhayana in the 6th century.
18. India buys more gold than any other country.
Thank you for reading:)